Scheduling a Boudoir Photography Session is incredibly empowering. I also know it can be intimidating. But, here is a fact:: Your Boudoir Studio Knoxville photo shoot will be fun. I promise.
Here are a few Boudoir Photography Tips to help answer a few of your questions and best prepare you for some awesome boudoir pictures.
One Week Before Your Boudoir Session
- If you wax, do so a few days before your shoot to avoid any bumpiness or redness.
- Make sure your eyebrows are nicely shaped and groomed.
- If you’re planning to visit the salon for a haircut or color, then give yourself a few days to make sure you are happy with it.
- Be sure to get a salon manicure and pedicure for a flawless finish.
- Stay out of the sun – while a base tan will be nice in photos, red, blotchy skin will not.
- PLEASE – DO NOT SPRAY TAN.
- Drink plenty of water for luminous skin.
- Lower your salt intake and avoid alcohol if you’re worried about retaining water.
- Try on your outfits and lingerie to make sure they fit properly; remove all tags and labels. Steam or iron your ensembles and hang them properly so they keep their shape as you travel to the studio.
The Day Before Your Boudoir Session
- Bathe, shave and moisturize.
- Double-check everything is properly packed and ready for the shoot: heels, jewelry, accessories, props.
- Pack extra everything: clothing, heels, jewelry, make-up, accessories, props. It is wonderful to have too much to choose from once on-site.
- Plan your day allowing yourself plenty of time to get to the session location. Check weather and traffic reports to ensure you have allotted enough time for unexpected delays.
- Enjoy a relaxed, quiet evening.
- Plan for a good night’s sleep.
The Morning of Your Boudoir Session
- Use clear deodorant.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to your session to avoid red marks on your skin (no jeans, tight socks, bras, or tight clothing)
- Eat something light but filling before you leave the house.
- Brush Your Teeth.
- Arrive with a clean and moisturized face and CLEAN HAIR (important!) if you have hair and make-up included in your Boudoir Photography Collection.
- Take a deep breath and RELAX. It’s completely normal to be a wee bit nervous before your shoot, but please don’t worry because you are in very good hands. We will show you exactly how to pose and work with you to get the perfect shot.
Booking Boudoir in Knoxville and surrounding areas. Please call or email me to schedule your private Boudoir experience.
With Grit & Grace~
Sarah Keenan, photographer
Boudoir Studio Knoxville
Westland Farms Studio